Testing VisualSwift

Discussions related to Testing VisualSwift. This version is not available anymore, please go to the VisualSwift - Music forum above.
jorge
Site Admin

Testing VisualSwift

Post by jorge » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:17 pm

VisualSwift is a Visual Programming application that follows the concepts of Apple's SwiftUI.

VisualSwift is not yet available in the App Store but if you'd like to help test it and be involved from the very beginning please use the link below ( for iPadOS only ):

https://testflight.apple.com/join/OQwF4DyY

There is also a MacOS version of VisualSwift created with Catalyst, anyone interested in testing it please let me know.

Please report any bugs or requests here.

Twitter

Slack

YouTube

Gold

Re: Testing VisualSwift

Post by Gold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:49 am

Hi Jorge,
Yes - I would love to take a look at the Mac version as well.
I assume the piano, which is included in the Mac version is not available yet in the iPad version right?

By the way the Slack invite has expired unfortunately

jorge
Site Admin

Post by jorge » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:53 am

Hi Rolf,

Here's another slack invite valid for 30 days from today:

Slack Invite

The Mac version is now going in a different direction and I need to updated it. Basically I was using Catalyst ( if you didn't hear about it it's a new Apple technology that allows iOS apps to be built for MacOS with very little work ) but for several reasons I've decided to create a native MacOS VisualSwift instead. One of the reasons is that on iOS you can't run dynamically compiled code. I have changed the whole iOS version in preparation for a native MacOS version by using a lot of SwiftUI ( SwiftUI runs unchanged on both iOS and MacOS ) so the task of porting to native MacOS is now not a big one but will still take me a few days.

If you mean the piano keyboard that allows you to play by tapping the keys on the screen, it is available on the iPad when you go to Libraries/Midi/Piano. I haven't used it for a while as I mainly use my iPad's Magic Keyboard to play Midi notes. I've just now tried using the Piano component and I see that there are midi messages flowing out of it but don't seem to be working, it should be an easy fix ( I changed the way messages flow through the schematic to be time stamped and I think I didn't update the piano component yet ), will probably be in the next upload ( v0.5.8 ) later today.

I'm currently working on the Tempo/BPM issue that you reported, hopefully will be fixed in the next update.

I've tried changing your forum user settings so that you can post without requiring approval but it seems it didn't work as your last post still required approval. I'll see if I can figure it out.

jorge
Site Admin

Post by jorge » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:28 pm

V0.5.8 should now be available on TestFlight.

The Piano keyboard should now be working, I tried with the schematic shown below.

I’m still working on fixing the Tempo/BPM issue.

Gold

Post by Gold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Thank you - I assume it is a general board setting that you can post and even write pm after more activities registered by the forum software 😊
09658961-0970-4C8E-AF62-10A4B175F539.jpeg
09658961-0970-4C8E-AF62-10A4B175F539.jpeg (185.8 KiB) Viewed 24730 times

Gold

Post by Gold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:54 pm

jorge wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:53 am

If you mean the piano keyboard that allows you to play by tapping the keys on the screen, it is available on the iPad when you go to Libraries/Midi/Piano.
Found it 😊 - thank you

jorge
Site Admin

Post by jorge » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Would be great to sort the forum permissions before others join.

I can't make disabling approval a general forum permission because there is a lot of spam. What I'd like to do is as soon as I'm sure a new user is a real person I'd switch a certain role that allows them to post without approval, delete/edit their own posts etc. I've tried that with you but it seems it didn't work.

Here's the permissions I've enabled for you:

Gold

Post by Gold » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:00 pm

Yeah - now it seems to be working - no?

jorge
Site Admin

Post by jorge » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:01 pm

Yeah, cool and thanks. I didn't need to approve that.